Thursday, May 20, 2010

the beginning

maybe i should start with why i chose the name of my blog. i am a fan of 'the simpsons' and it is a reference to it. i liked a character in one episode, he was a self-made man and determined, a lot like me. one needs to laugh to get through life, and i like the biting satire on the show.
i don't know if there is a street corner or intersection anywhere by this name, i think of it more as a state of mind.
after thinking about what title i would choose, while at a baseball game, it seems to fit me well.
i have friends who have said they would like to read what i write, and blogging in this day and age is the way to go.
and i've learned that i've accomplished more in life when i make a list of goals and attach a deadline to it. i sent my list to a friend as i knew i would try harder if others knew those goals. fate can intervene as well, like it did for me. i am going to a fundraiser to save a school in a few days and want to write about it.
after thinking about it for a while, writing fits me well, better than many of my other ventures in life so far. but i kept running away from it like forrest gump, downplaying it as a hobby. we should do what makes us happy, and i tend to be more at peace when writing. i've learned that i shouldn't ignore my destiny.
so here we go, it's only the beginning for me. i hope that my observations about life are enjoyed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment