Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Empty Roundup Container

    It was a little unsettling to see a visitor in the breakroom at work today at lunchtime. He had an empty Roundup container and proceeded to fill it with water from the sink. When Roundup is a herbicide it just seems to spell trouble when having it in a room where people are eating. But there was more of the story to find out. He was there to defrost one of the refrigerators. I had to do this with the one I had in an apartment in West Des Moines, Iowa. After a while it really accumulates. So I saw that this was done shortly before I moved out.
   At the comedy club tonight, there was a 2-person act where one was feeding lines to the other. The MC called one of them 'The Handler'. This is the one who likes to talk about a swear word sometimes pronounced with an 'H' in the middle.
   After the show I figured it would be a simple thing to find a fruit tray for a company potluck. But it was not to be. So I went to a grocery store in another town. What I ended up with was more like a fruit bowl. Hard to say how much time it took all told, but I am used to it being leisurely after a show. So I didn't like having to line up alternate plans of course. I did get small bag of Doritos as well, and ate it right away. The bowl doesn't have the sweet dip like the tray does.
  I liked the syndicated rerun tonight of 'Big Bang Theory'. It was one where Sheldon was ill and his friends were at screenings of 'Planet of The Apes' movies, wearing ape masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment