Friday, March 1, 2013

Is This Forward Enough?

    When I was riding the bus home tonight I had to keep moving for various reasons. Move out of the seat, and into the aisle. Move back, move forward. Then I ended up near the front of the bus and asked 'Is this forward enough?' Usually I am able to plop into a seat and not have to move until my stop. I was tired and didn't have much energy left, so it was harder to take.
  At midday I did get some pictures of the Macy's liquidation sale. One of them was of a rhino statue for $1,500. I think they are selling things they normally don't sell, like the area rugs and fur coats. I did pick up two items, a pair of socks and some Frango candies. The candies happened to be cake batter flavored, very rich tasting so it's a good thing I had just three. I like having a snack after lunch so it served the purpose.
   I met with my boss about not getting picked for a committee. I'm not sure what answers were offered other than I'm thankful I got a response to my message.  The senior leader will meet with me when he's back in the office next week. It's still hard to hide my frustration with repeated occasions of being snubbed. I said I didn't want to do anything like lie, cheat and steal to get ahead. I couldn't live with myself when doing things illegal or immoral. But it sounds like I may need to reframe it, that I have to become a better salesperson or politician. Selling myself can still be a tough thing for me. But I know full well I tend to do better when putting my best foot forward.
   I finally decided to order the Emerson Hough letters on E-bay, since it's at a discount that made it easier to handle. It should arrive in the next week or so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment