Friday, December 8, 2017

creep, radiohead

i did some karaoke tonight, 3 songs. one of them was 'creep' by radiohead. i still make some nice discoveries about my song selections. in this case i said the lyrics were profound on this one. 'i wish i was special/but i am a creep/i am a weirdo/what the hell am i doing here/i don't belong here'. it  reminds me of some of the demons i have wrestled with before, and how performing has helped defeat many of these demons. but also how i was singing this in a bar, and i once said i refused to go to bars as they are full of loud, rude, obnoxious people. i sure have evolved. the other two songs were 'lord mr. ford' by jerry reed, and 'rock me amadeus' by falco.
   there were plenty of articles being shared on facebook about the comedy central special that some of my fellow comics were going to be on. this included the yemen native, school bouncer, and Maryland. the fourth i did not know. the show is hosted by kevin hart. there was also some features from public radio about the yemen native. he is notable in my circle of friends, helping me with selecting an outfit for a date a year ago. also with supplying inspiration to find my immigrant ancestors. he even posted a story of growing up in yemen, as well as Ethiopia, and finally immigrating to America. i said i had to take off my glasses after reading the posting, it was a long one, as it moved me to tears. i sometimes whine about my struggles, but it was nothing like what he shared.
  this was a night when i really needed to go perform. i was feeling low. why, i don't know. cabin fever maybe? spending too much time in my home? whatever it was, i know better how to cope with this feelings now. it probably didn't help that i went to a venue tonight after eating at an arby's, and finding out it was closed for a private event. but these things happen.
    i made an appointment with a temp agency this afternoon. but it was just to register, and that meant completing a lot of paperwork. so no job yet of course. i'm told i am qualified though, all of that experience, but i have heard this one before. it doesn't make me feel any better to hear 'potential' or anything close to it. i just want results, who doesn't?


    

No comments:

Post a Comment