Monday, November 6, 2023

little free libaries

 from time to time, i see little free libraries. when i take a long walk around the neighborhood, i see one near a co-op grocery store. this serves as the turn-around point in my walk to head back home. sometimes i claim something and sometimes i don't. on this walk i claimed two books. there was 'me' by brenda ueland, and the other was 'french perspectives'. i looked up brenda ueland and found out she was famous for two books, this one and 'if you want to write'. i liked how the walk filled in the time well in the afternoon, as i was gone for well over an hour. during my walks i found 1 dollar 47 cents. i went to the liquor store and bought a can of heineken so now there are five beers waiting. in the morning i did my annual viewing of one of my charlie brown specials on DVD, 'great pumpkin', the halloween special. 'it's magic' was on the disc as well. it still gets some laughs out of me. in the evening i went to perform at an open-mic, cool to see cul-de-sac there. i did more bank stories, going to hy-vee, redbox, and target. somebody recognized me from a long-ago venue after the show. i enjoyed talking with him more than the bartender outside the venue, who reminded me of how some who claim to be comedy experts are really just fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment