Thursday, June 24, 2010

schedule change

it was a long day at work, as my 'tag team partner' was ill and i had to do special requests, instead of having an easier, 'catch up' day. i worked through my lunch, eating at my desk and even stayed an hour past my normal leave time. but i got everything finished.
   looking forward to a day off, volunteering at a local camp. and my merchandise order arrived today, a beach towel. found out i could order one that said 'emerson hough huskies' with the dog head logo on it, as a show of support for the school.
  this was a catch up day at home as well, as i ended up putting things away and getting junk mail shredded, as well as getting entries made in my 'food and exercise' journal. it's a year old now, but i'm still making entries in it as long as there is space. i am proud of what i learned during that time, losing 25 pounds. i liked knowing it means i can do things like meet the weight requirement for the bungee cord trampoline at festivals and fairs. did that at the taste in my first year here, plenty of fun to release some pent-up emotion. i called it my 'lt. dan in forrest gump' moment as i was yelling much like he did during the hurricane. i think it's also why i like a short, obscure song by green day called 'she' as there is some screaming in it. it helps there is a line in it that resonates with me, 'she figured out, all her doubts were someone else's point of view'. it was an epiphany i had reached, once i parted ways with negative people and started listening to positive people more.  some might call these 'diamond in the rough' stories. they describe me well. we tend to like what we can relate to, as it's what we understand well.

No comments:

Post a Comment