Thursday, June 3, 2010

anniversary party

after a day at work that meant dealing with an annoying, nit-picky colleague, i liked going to do something i really enjoyed. it was going to the loft in minneapolis. they were having a 35th anniversary party and i got the invite due to being a member. i liked sharing my story there, on camera and on a stickie i placed on a timeline wall. i recognized many of the writers who had appeared there over the years, like susan allen toth, garrison keillor, maya angelou, billy corgan, and madeline albright. enjoy the cheese they have at these banquet- cocktail party type events. also saw an accordion player, reminding me of cajun mardi-gras music as well as polka music from my annual visits to oktoberfest in new ulm.
i got some contacts that should be able to help get more exposure on the blog, and mentioned it when i had the chance tonight. i liked sharing my story, and my inspiration- you guessed it- being emerson hough. i seemed to get a 'wrong start' just like he did.
i said i would mention the loft in my blog, and as you can see i kept my word. i like keeping my word, doing what i say i will do. one has little without it. street cred goes a long way in life. anyone familiar with 'the boy who cried wolf?' i once dated somebody that had flimsy excuses, so i call her the GIRL who cried wolf'.
this entry should be shorter than others, as i am tired and want to catch up on sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment