Wednesday, April 27, 2011

calling my dad

i called my dad after work today since a message was waiting on my cellphone when i turned it back on. he wanted to confirm finalizing plans for me visiting soon. he said he was starting to watch 'rooster cogburn', a john wayne movie. i knew he likes john wayne and clint eastwood, and he had already said he had a hard time accepting that 'true grit' was remade this year. it was a shorter call than typical, i let him know i wanted to get to the comedy club. i had more than just beer this time when i went, as i had a bag of popcorn as well. somebody offered me their cheese pizza as well, 2 slices left, so i ate them. i liked how the headliner did his 'adam and steve' joke, it's one of my favorites.
   at work i decided to do some laps around the floor at the end of the day, we are doing that often with the 'health ahead' program that is ongoing. doesn't take me long to do a lap, i am a brisk walker. same is true with walking a bridge at lunchtime, it is not a liesurely stroll when i do it. don't care to waste time getting somewhere. i did a bridge walk today, but it was a little windy and not too warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment