Saturday, April 9, 2011

St. Paul Saints Public Forum

I went to a public forum about a possible new St. Paul Saints baseball stadium downtown today. It didn't seem to be all that well organized. Some of the speakers were stammering which I didn't like.
Then there was somebody who wanted to inject a red herring into the debate, as he wanted to talk about the Saints live pig mascots he didn't like. He claimed the one about Obama was in bad taste. I liked how somebody else reminded him how they change that mascot every year. The organization is known as 'BFF', or Ballpark Fans and Friends. I have two of those buttons, one of them of Mudonna the dressed-up mascot. The other is of 'the nerd', one of the ushertainers. The event was in a Lowertown building I hadn't been to before.
   Before this event, there was errand running like getting my car out of the shop. In the mail I saw a card from my aunt. I said I had skipped a family event in Iowa, a wedding anniversary, as I would be looking forward to attending the wedding in Wisconsin instead. She said my cousin's wedding in June is now a no-go. It's kind of sad as I had received two 'magnet invites' well in advance, and i hardly ever see those. But it's better off that he finds out now than later that it won't work. I hadn't made any travel reservations yet so no real big loss on my end. It likely means I will replace the event with a nearby baseball game, but must check the schedule first to see who happens to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment