Saturday, April 30, 2011

Leather Coat

     I got a leather coat at a Goodwill today, and did some other errand running. I also had a date, we went to see 'The Conspirator'. It was about the Lincoln assassination, and we saw it in the late afternoon, in Lakeville. I noticed how much of it was filmed in Savannah, GA, by watching the credits at the end. It also said the typical disclaimer 'Based on actual events, but some scenes invented for dramatic effect'. It explains why it didn't look right when the scene from the play 'Our American Cousin' was depicted, since I recall the drop from the president's box to the stage at Ford's Theater being more than was actually shown. I saw the theater on my first visit to Washington, DC. We went to a cracker barrel for the first time after the movie, and it was nice seeing the old-school ads on the wall. It included one of my employer, General Electric. I made a joke many times before about how I see the logo everywhere, even when not at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment