Saturday, May 5, 2018

bringing weather with me?

when i returned the rental car at the airport i got the same agent as i did on Thursday. he asked me how iowa was and said 'i must have brought the weather with me' as there was a severe thunderstorm warning announced at the airport. but i got home on the bus without any fanfare. it rained some but it didn't last long. 
   as expected, i didn't do much on my final day in des moines, which is typical when leaving in the morning. one does the most important things. it was shower, go get continental breakfast, pack by bag, check out of hotel, and get on the road. when i checked out i asked about calls and the desk clerk spoke of having a battery charger there. i said 'lot of good it does me now' in reference to my phone's battery dying and not having a charger with me. i was more leisurely, making more stops on my way back. i stopped at the casey's in clear lake as it was midday by then. i had a slice of pizza, juice, and some peanut butter crackers. i stopped in Faribault as well, for more juice. and again in Lakeville, to look around at the cracker barrel, but didn't buy anything. it didn't take long to unpack, as usual. i did go on one errand with the rental car before returning it, as i went to the grocery store, a Hy-Vee. i had a gift card to use, a visa card from the super-America loyalty program. i got a hot dog and some juice at a super-America for my evening meal, and i was back to driving my own car by then. i got caught up on emails, it took the longest to clear the ones related to taking surveys. but as we know, i like getting airline miles, so i do as many surveys as i can. i had hoped to go out and perform tonight, but it was not to be. i realized i was probably too tired for that. i have fallen asleep a few times since i got back. nothing wrong with taking a night off from it. one of the first things i did when i got back was find my battery charger and get my phone charged up. i checked my voicemail and there was just two messages there, the two i was expecting to hear. one was from an agency, the other from a classmate i spoke with when i was in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment