Thursday, February 1, 2018

need a folder?

i went to a job fair in Dakota county before midday and picked up plenty of booklets in the workforce center next to it after it. so many that my organizer was more than full, and some spilled out. i was asked if i needed a folder for them, and accepted it. not my first job fair attended there, so i was thankful i got a better look around than before. I was impressed with how much literature was available, way more than the one I had been to in st. paul just north of university avenue. hard to say if it will yield to any decent job leads though. one was a bus company, and they kept saying to me 'we will train you' even though I have never driven a bus. i had done some one-offs, with U-Hauls, and that is all so far. i met with an agency that i had already filed an application with, a month ago. I said i didn't like how nobody had called me yet, felt like i was being ignored. he said he was sending an email and i would get a call, and i did. checked my voicemail, except all they said was 'we don't have anything'. didn't like hearing it, but at least i finally heard something. i do like how some of these places have candy available. but i am aware of how most of those represented there don't come close to matching my skill set, unless you count temp agencies. 
  i performed at two venues tonight, first was karaoke. i did 'last kiss' by pearl jam. then it was on to a comedy open-mic.

No comments:

Post a Comment