Sunday, March 11, 2018

checking lottery tickets

i went to the library to type out thank you letters for the birthday cards. next to me was a man who was checking lottery tickets. i hardly ever buy lottery tickets. as usual, i was there until closing time. i think a lot about what i want to write, and there was four letters to write. five if you count the note that my boss wants about an upcoming off-day. i know my handwriting can be sloppy, so i prefer typing when it is official business.
   it was a fairly mundane day for me. i had to allow for it being daylight time weekend, about setting my alarm clock forward an hour after i woke up. then after having a snack i knew i needed to get on the road to the grocery store. i know i bought a few less items this week, but i also wanted to try harder to use up what i have. it meant finally opening a can of pineapple chunks and eating them as i knew they would be expiring soon. the pineapple juice served as my drink for the evening meal, more tasty than tap water of course. i also went to dairy queen to use a 2 for 1 blizzard coupon that would be expiring in a few days. i did that on the way to the library. after i got back from the library i knew i had more to do. so it meant going to do laundry. i know i did it less often when i was 'on vacation'. i brought a CD with me to listen to, it was 'no need to argue' by the cranberries. with my aunt being in hospice i thought of how i listened to that CD often, especially the first song on it, 'ode to my family', when dealing with the death of my grandma in 2008. there was 13 songs on it, and i listened to all but one before my laundry was done. then there was doing the dishes, recycle, and trash. by then it was almost time for the 10pm news, but i fell asleep before the news ended, and a rerun of 'blue bloods' had just started by the time i woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment