Tuesday, March 20, 2018

how did you know?

i left the workplace an hour early, at 4pm, as i wanted to check my post office box. i had left the yellow card in it on my last visit. there was two items, the yellow card yielded a comedy CD, sent by conga line. there was also a letter about a magazine subscription. i called and checked with them, the check i sent has been received so it is renewed now. i had to ask them 'how did you know?'- and was told they knew which account based on my phone number. i know i did this a few times when i did call center work, seeing if the phone number on the caller ID would yield anything.
   i was tired from being out of town, so i had to push myself to get plenty of tests scored. there was an I.T. issue in the morning, and the team leader said i was still being marked as absent but this was changed. it still meant losing a half hour in the morning when i was ready to score tests.
   i also liked reading an interview with musician graham nash in the Minneapolis paper. i let mason city know about it as he knows music well and figured he would like seeing it. sounds like he has a show in the area soon. nash stands out for me as he has a song on the soundtrack to the movie 'up in the air', it is 'be yourself'.
   i performed at the comedy club tonight, first time at this venue in a while. i felt like i might have been pressing a little too much though, as i was given 3 minutes and had 4 jokes i wanted to do. i got to everything on my list but i was rushing through it at the end. a few crowd members found me and said they liked my set though, which felt good.


No comments:

Post a Comment