Saturday, September 5, 2020

masked performing

 i performed stand-up in a bar tonight, actually a micro-brewery, for the first time since march. i kept my mask on while performing, it was a guest set, 5 minutes. i looked at my set lists since april to try to find the gems, and got to everything on my list. it was a long lineup as the headliner wanted to get as many comics on as possible. so besides the MC and feature, there were 9 others, including me. the night reminded me of how i have a love-hate relationship with performing. i like the actual time onstage performing, but there are a lot of other things that go along with it and those other things aren't near as enjoyable. reminds me of a lyric from the TI and rihanna song 'live your life'- 'got love for the game, but not in love with all of it'. i barely talked to anyone while at the venue, really just one other comic besides the yemen native, who was the headliner. one comic tried to bust my chops on my way in, but i have tunnel vision when i arrive at the venue. most important thing to me is to check in with somebody. it took longer than expected to find a parking space, construction near the venue was a factor. i started off my set with mention of the job i started back in june. since i was given a mask upon arrival that day and was masked during this performance, it seemed like a good way to get started. 

at work i started off the day by being unable to get stamped in on the HR site, as well as email. so i had no choice but to re-boot, even though i didn't care at first since i was still able to print checks during that time. incoming mail was kind of light, and i was able to process all by the end of the day. so it is nice that i will start next week after the holiday ahead of the game. i moved up another one of my errands tonight due to performing, which was getting a redbox DVD. and it meant seeing just one 'big bang theory' rerun. it was the one where the friends do an expedition at the north pole. it also meant a shorter walk, but i still picked up 33 cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment