Tuesday, July 21, 2020

all around me, flyleaf

at the virtual open-mic tonight, i liked one song that the flautist played. found out it was 'all around me' by flyleaf. wikipedia said this is a heavy metal band from texas, and this appears to be the band's only song that charted on the top 40. the video starts out with everything in white, then color flows from the ceiling like a river of blood. i like the contrast on colors, seen it in other videos. the hook or chorus is a powerful one. 'i can feel you all around me, thickening the air i'm breathing, holding onto what i'm feeling, savoring this heart that's healing'. also liked 'i'm alive'. this appears to be a love song, based on lyrics such as 'and you whisper you love me, the music makes me sway'.
  with my own set, hard to say what got the most reaction, but likely it was the facial contortion from the moderator when i spoke of my cousin contacting me about the name of a camp. still a thin lineup, but more than the other mic i'm doing.
    at work, things moved well, even found time to take recycle to an upper floor. my boss's boss sent an IM to ask how the files were going, saw it when i returned from lunch.
   i did a walk in the evening before the open-mic and picked up 5 cents. the 'big bang theory' reruns were when the 4 friends went to mexico and got stranded there after it caught fire, followed by when sheldon's mom showed up to help him get his job back. the latter is one of my favorite episodes, but my number one is still the one when howard's mom is in the hospital. when bernadette said 'Me?'


No comments:

Post a Comment