Tuesday, July 28, 2020

the history forum

i found a subject in the history forum of great interest to me, baseball. so i said there was a book i have about the way baseball influenced american society. it is called 'brushing back jim crow' by bruce adelson. it is about integrating minor-league baseball. i found it when searching online after seeing mention in another book about the team in new orleans leaving town due to a fan boycott in the 1950s. proof of how long ago i bought it is that it was bought through borders, which is no longer in business.
   this evening i went on a walk and picked up 31 cents, including 16 pennies. at work they kept asking me to print copies of checks as the I.T. rep wanted to see how many are looking 'slanted'. at lunch there was a lady in the breakroom that was talking baseball, so this was of interest to me. so it meant i returned the movie to the video store at the end of the workday instead of at the end of my lunchtime. not a big deal to me. 'big bang theory' reruns were about amy's date and her friends decide to spy on her, followed by a lie to penny that led to a fake drug intervention.



No comments:

Post a Comment