Tuesday, January 30, 2018

applying remotely

i followed some advice from the previous day from a senior leader and decided to call an agency again where i got their voicemail. it had been a month ago. i got through to somebody this time, and was advised to call another office. i said i was willing to fill out the necessary paperwork in person, but found out i didn't have to. in fact, i didn't leave my home at all today until i went to perform in the evening. i performed at two different venues, and i checked my email when i got back. looks like i might already have an offer from this agency! i will have to mull it over and call them in the morning of course. i really want to get back to work, and the offer is less than ideal but i also know i can't afford to be overly picky either. just barely in my requested pay range, and just barely in my range of how far i want to drive to work each day. but it sure beats hearing from agencies that call me and ask me to complete a 'right to represent' form, and i can barely understand what they are saying. i got another one of those today, lost count of how many times i have fielded that type by email or phone.
   i made a reference to an old TV show, 'amen', to the show runner at the second venue, and i said it was a good idea to put it in my set. it was in reference to shaking hands on my way in, much like the character played by Sherman hemsley would do in the opening segment of the show. i say it was proof of how i used to watch too much TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment