Friday, January 12, 2018

edge of 17, stevie nicks

i had planned on performing at 2 karaoke venues tonight, but there is now a cover charge and long line at one of them so i went home and rested for a while. when i did venture out again i decided to sing 'edge of 17' by stevie nicks. i had heard it last week at a different venue, and kind of odd hearing it on my car radio tonight as well. most memorable line from the song is how 'the music was hauntingly familiar'. also the mention of 'words of a poet' as well as a choir. As a performer I think this song speaks to me on some level, being able to understand the meaning of it. i know I say things like 'world view' and 'artistic vision' for this reason. i liked how i kept up with it as there aren't many breaks in it, but as i have said before i like how performing helps with being more focused. I hear it on the radio every so often, and I like trying to sing various songs so I said 'why not?' and i will have to admit that I found out somebody I just met likes this performer. So it was closer to the top of my 'list of ideas' for this reason.
   i saw the dude from last week, who said he knew the MC and could get me to do some stand-up but i turned it down. something about his friend was the one having the birthday tonight. i had already told the MC i was on my way, and i figured people may not look kindly on seeing stand- up when they are expecting to see singing. but i liked the offer nonetheless. I did see some birthday cake there but since I didn't really know any of those people I didn't ask to have any of it. I say this all the time, where I only do certain things of invited.
   i didn't venture out much today before performing in the evening. at midday i picked up two cans of food at a dollar store, then lunch at a holiday station shortly after that. i still got some things done, such as going through some of the bags full of tourist items. some of these items were put into sheet protectors and then into a binder. it was nice to consolidate some things of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment