Sunday, January 7, 2018

da hip hop witch movie

i hooked up my VHS player again today, as there was more VHS tapes i wanted to watch. one of them was baseball highlights of the 1980s, from the sporting news. another was 'da hip hop witch', a spoof of 'blair witch project'. i recalled getting 'witch' at a grocery store many years ago, because Eminem is in it. but i will have to admit how the movie isn't that good, and i didn't recognize many of the other actors in it. i watched these 2 videos before deciding to watch the 2 NFL playoff games of the day. first was bills-jaguars, it was halftime by then. and around the time of the second, panthers-saints, i was ready to leave to go perform. there wasn't many at the open-mic, the MC is the resistable comic. she spoke of how there will be no show on super bowl sunday, as she will be out of town, in new Orleans.
   seeing this movie is a reminder of how my VHS collection has dwindled, but I don't want to get rid of all of them. Especially when I am not sure about being able to find the same movies on DVD. I think some have only been released on VHS because they weren't popular enough to get a DVD version as well. I think this is true of both of the ones I watched today. I recall how it was nearly a year ago when I last had my earlier DVD player hooked up, it was replaced just before or after Super Bowl Sunday. My TV was replaced on Super Sunday. It had probably been even longer in terms of having seen a movie on VHS. I had to hook up the earlier TV as I am not sure if the new one had the right connections for the VHS player. But at least everything worked after figuring out some strategy. in the evening i watched 'the simpsons', bart became interested in science. i did the dishes and recycle, and watched some shows on antenna TV. tried to watch the 10pm news but fell asleep and missed the ending of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment