Monday, January 1, 2018

come on ride the train, quad city dj's

i did some karaoke tonight, 3 songs. first was 'come on ride the train' by the quad city DJ's. i noticed things about it that i hadn't before, because i was finally singing it. how there is a reference to 'the little engine that could' since one line was 'i think i can'. also how there were some names in it, and one of them is 'Tamika' and this is close to the name of a former coworker in suburban Chicago. I found her in the past year on Facebook and I let her know how this song made me think of her. I like to make annual visits to that metro area and hopefully I can see her on my next visit.
    the other 2 songs were 'ruby, don't take your love to town' by Kenny rogers, and 'walking in memphis' by marc cohn. i thought of my college roommate when doing the Memphis selection, as he once lived there but is now in japan. i also made it to the comics brunch at jake's in Eagan. the outback bowl was on when i arrived, which was midday, Michigan vs. south Carolina. It reminded me of seeing this bowl game in early 2009, when my school, Iowa, played in this game against South Carolina. It was the second bowl game I had attended, and more fun than the first one, the Holiday Bowl 2 years earlier, since Iowa didn't play in that first bowl game I saw. great to see the wolf at the brunch, as well as the resistable comic, the latter being the event coordinator. i liked having some of the scrambled eggs and bacon and hash browns. There was so many people there that it was hard to get around to saying hi to all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment