Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Favorite Aunt

    I went to see my favorite aunt today, first time in a while. It had probably not been since 2008, the year of my grandma's funeral and a family wedding. Enjoyed seeing her husband as well, who is big on Civil War history and once did plenty in Civil War reenactments. We were sent with some canned items, and some history magazines- Sons of the American Revolution. My cousin's lady friend was there, as was two dogs. Wanted to stay as long as I could but knew there was a long enough drive ahead of us back to the Twin Cities- from near Madison and Janesville, WI. It was efficient on the drive back, as after making a stop early on in Evansville we stopped just one more time, in Tomah. This of course is the home of Fort McCoy. We ate at a Subway sandwich shop, and got fuel.
   The morning started in Hartford at the Super 8 motel. Memorable was how the desk clerk asked if we were checking out, I said not yet as we wanted to go across the road to the McDonald's. I like their breakfast sandwiches. After this we packed up and checked out. The clerk was outside smoking and was fine with taking the key cards there. I said I prefer taking it inside to the front desk, to make it official. I think she just wanted to keep smoking. It was hard to tell for sure, but there were few if any other guests there. We saw just one other car in the lot, it had Florida plates on it. I knew it was definitely off-season.
  When checking email upon arrival back home there was mention of points being added to my Godfather's Pizza loyalty card. I haven't been there in a few weeks but I do want to return there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment