Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pelted With Snowballs

   No, I wasn't pelted with snowballs. But I did hear of somebody who was. After the comedy show was done, I went to speak with a friend who was show closer. There was an old man who wanted to compliment him. He wanted to see my coat, it of course was University of Iowa. He said 'a thousand years ago' he was part of the Minnesota Gopher marching band while they were in Iowa City. When they were announced, they were pelted with snowballs. I said it probably was before my time, and some sports rivalries get really stupid. Still don't know why he told me this story.
   When I was boarding the bus this morning I had somebody tap me and say I should do something about my shoestrings or I might break my neck. My winter shoes are constantly being re-tied, they just don't stay tied for long. I said I heard them and I would take care of it. They wouldn't shut up about it and I said I heard them again. The thing I've heard before is 'Just trying to help', but after I heard them the first time it was really up to me as to what I did about it. I do things when it's right for me, not when others keep pushing me to do so.
   I needed some time to clear off the snow from my car before I made it over to the comedy club tonight. It was the first time I had used my snow shovel in a while. The Paul Bunyan look-alike was doing a joke about being in Hollywood. He had somebody read the story with him, and it was a woman that was taller than him which made it funnier for me.
    I liked the 'Big Bang Theory' syndicated rerun tonight. Leonard is dating 'Dr. Stephanie' and whenever he is about to speak his mind, they have sex. He ends up wearing outfits he doesn't like, that she buys for him like a sweatshirt with a bird on it. 'Tonight Show' with Jay Leno was a rerun from November, but I liked seeing Jennifer Lawrence being interviewed about the movie 'Silver Linings Playbook'. One of my emails stated the writer convention is in August, and in Chicago. Thankfully there are no conflicts that I know of. I know it doesn't conflict with Canadian Days in Little Canada. It may mean that I get to use up the quarter left on my CTA farecard. But of course I would need to be elected a delegate like I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment