Friday, May 17, 2013

4 Holes Of Mini Golf

    I went to the year-end event for the Roosevelt Mentoring Program today at Centennial Lakes in Edina. My student didn't make it. One of the activities was mini golf. On our rotation after lunch we got in 4 holes and had to quit due to the rain and the awards ceremony. There were four activities in the rotation. Some I liked more than others. Making snack packs was fine, the first thing we did. A juice box, granola bar, and a fruit cup. I said it felt like I was writing out fortunes for fortune cookies on the bag. This included 'live laugh, and love', 'do what's right for you', 'you are one of a kind', and 'you are talented'. I wrote them on the back of the wristband I was given. there was two, one for me and the other for my student. There was two buses and I was hopeful he would be on the second, which was a little late. We also did lawn bowling before lunch. It was the rotation after the snack packs. I did the lawn bowling last year and liked it again. Though I needed a few throws to get the hang of it again. The first event after lunch was inside like the first, trying to make a house of cards. I'm not good at it so I liked being able to move onto the golf.
  When I was done at this event I tried to do errand running, but was slowed down by traffic. It was likely due to the rain and the construction, as it wasn't rush hour just yet. I got done what I wanted to, but finally made it home to watch 'Jeopardy' while it was in progress. I did make it to the library to print things and get tickets for the St. Paul Saints game this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment