Sunday, May 26, 2013

Food Trucks and Fireworks

  I enjoyed the food trucks and the fireworks at the Saints baseball game tonight. It was after they beat El Paso 3-2. I had the Italian Sloppy Joe. There were some trucks that didn't make it back this year. I was hopeful to see the fire engine that served pizza, but it was a no-show. In spite of this there still was 16 trucks. At first it was hard to tell how many, as just 3 made it onto the infield. But the others apparently just needed more time to make it from where they were parked.
   During this game I noticed TC Bear, the Twins mascot, made an appearance in a Saints uniform. This was likely a cross promotion for the upcoming game where the Twins will be wearing some throwback uniforms, a game I went to last year.  The mascot of course was available as the Twins are on a road trip currently.
   In the evening I did get some more done with the baseball cards, after going to Wal-Mart to get more sheets. It was surprising how much different they were from Target on this item: it was in packs of 10 and not the 70 I had found at another store. So I bought 30 sheets for about $10, and the same amount got me more than double at their competitor's. I do have the hard plastic packs from Walgreen in the albums now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment