Monday, May 6, 2013

Northern Lights Playhouse

   Two E-bay orders of postcards arrived earlier today. One of them included a card advertising the Northern Lights Playhouse in Hazelhurst, WI, 'The best of Broadway in Wisconsin's beautiful northwoods'. Never heard of it. This was a throw-in card with the one of the minor-league baseball stadium in Des Moines, known as Principal Park, where the Iowa Cubs play. This had happened before when ordering postcards, and at times I am intrigued with them. I know how postcards are a simple way of advertising, explaining why one tends to see them everywhere. The other card that arrived was of the One Minute Manufacturing Company, a defunct washing machine company that was based in my hometown of Newton, Iowa. This card arrived from Tennessee.
   At the comedy club tonight I saw a newer comic who had plenty of questions, and I was fine with answering them since I like discussing the craft with others and sharing my knowledge of it. He said he had a film school project to do and this was why he wouldn't be staying for the show since he didn't make the list this week. I also let him know about the summer contest, as there was a box for the sign-up forms on the counter. I did get my form in this week, didn't see any forms last week. So I should hear about my contest night soon.
   There were some time-honored jokes told tonight that I liked hearing. One of them was from my friend's friend who did the one about the corporate gig, 'Want to buy some green beans?'  

No comments:

Post a Comment