Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Women, Money, Weed

   When I was waiting for the bus in the evening after work I saw a young man with a shirt on that said 'Women, money, and weed: all I need'. I could have said he would also need food and drink, but then I am reminded of a 'Simpsons' episode in reference to this. Homer had to remind himself how finding money was good, as it can buy goods and services. He was looking for food in the couch if I'm not mistaken.
   At the comedy club tonight was another edition of the contest. I arrived while the first comic was onstage, and she ran the light so of course she didn't advance. I did know all of those who did advance, including the Rochester native that is an older woman. She decided to pull out her pantyhose to show to the crowd. I did see a fellow comic and asked if he was in the contest, but he said he was not. All he said was he doesn't work, is on disability, so he really can't claim a dayjob. I think he said he once worked in New York City and graduated from Ohio State.
   After the show I looked more closely at what was in the strongbox, and changed the lineup a little. One card advertising a comedy show I moved into the tin that has notes in it as I did write on the back of the card. It was a 'Men With Hats' show at the Corner Bar in Minneapolis. I also looked more closely at the preferred cards I had for two grocery stores I frequented in suburban Chicago, Jewel-Osco and Dominick's. If you can believe it, I kept them glued to the letter they were on, and I hadn't detached them- until tonight. I haven't used them in a while so it's hard to say if they're still valid in any way. I destroyed some of the cards as they were duplicated. I kept the full-size Dominick's card and one of the keychain Jewel-Osco cards. Don't know what happened to the other full-size card. I do recall how they were across the street from each other where I lived, so this is why for a while that I went to both. I also went to a place called Butera, and have found out in recent visits back to the area that the Butera I went to has closed. We all know how change is constant. I did go to a Jewel when I was visiting in February. Seeing these cards does lead to me reflecting back on my time there. I know I've said before how I feel my life is better now in the Twin Cities. But my time as a Chicagoland resident is still a part of who I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment