Monday, May 20, 2013

Somaliland Republic Stamps

     I found some more baseball player stamps in foreign countries. This time it was a place I hadn't heard of, Somaliland Republic, which I think is somehow related to Somalia. This is based on how the Wikipedia article was written. I ordered a sheet of 9 stamps on E-bay that were made there. It does include Stan Musial and Red Schoendienst much like the series I found from St. Vincent.
   At the comedy club tonight I did inquire about the contest and was told by the manager that I should hear something soon. I had to start asking as it had been a little while since submitting my entry form. Usually it is a quick turnaround.
   It's hard to say how far and how long it will be before I run out of ideas on baseball player stamps on E-bay. If it is anything like my previous orders my interest will ebb and flow, based on interests I have at that particular time. There still are some World's Fair postcards available as well. I hadn't done the stamp collecting in a while. I did have an album when I was young but my interest in it didn't last long. Hard to say why, other than I mostly had American stamps. There were other things I did then anyway. It requires some time, money, and energy- same as any other hobby.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment