Friday, May 3, 2013

Salsa Tasting, Repeat Potluck

   We had a salsa tasting at work at lunchtime as our way of celebrating Cinco De Mayo. I liked the one with peaches in it, but it didn't get the most votes. I didn't want to vote for a spicy one. The repeat potluck went well, most of the food was eaten. I had a kind of roll that I didn't have on the first day.
   In the evening I got started on another cleanup project. It meant going through a big box and as usual I found a few things! This included postcards, which I am sticking into a photo album. It should be full soon.
   It was entertaining to ride the bus this morning. This was true from the word 'go'. When I boarded the bus I saw somebody with a fold-up grocery cart who was putting a plastic grocery bag on her head. but at first it looked more like she was going to suffocate. It was snowing this morning, which is not typical for the month of May. Somebody near her said something about the comments she hears about the cost of daycare- $800/month. That's a mortgage blah blah, they're raising your kid for you. We passed by a restaurant that was closed, she said 'if it's out of business it should be a shelter'. Then she said there was a real nice shelter in Arden Hills, which tells me that somebody who talks about shelters this much likely is homeless and had used them before. We passed by another restaurant, this one was open. She said it's nice to see a Denny's here. (It wasn't a Denny's) Then she said there should be a Denny's in St. Paul. It reminds me of jokes I've heard at the comedy club, how this isn't a high-end restaurant by any means. She asked somebody across the aisle- 'Freida, do you like garlic cheese bread?' She sure seemed to speak a lot about food. I also heard 'they don't teach this in college', but I don't think it was from her. I liked it when she shut up for a while since others boarded the bus and were the buffer zone. It ended with her saying 'see you tonight, you know where to be'.

No comments:

Post a Comment