Saturday, March 12, 2011

Finding Pictures

I had a date on Friday and brought over some wine I purchased in New Ulm when there for an Oktoberfest. She liked it and so did I. Also brought over one of my photo albums I had just filled, more than a year of pictures was in it. But I noticed the album was really too full, had bought it at a secondhand store. When I got home I decided to look at similar size photo albums and noticed there was no more than 50 sheets, so no more than 300 pictures. I took out 61 sheets! The album I bought at Walgreen did fill up quick, so I will need another one for those I have taken out. I can pick one up when out to get another pair of jeans at JC Penney with a gift card and making another donation at Goodwill. It's mostly travel guides that are obsolete and some Christmas ornaments that play music, definitely things I haven't been using much lately. Made another donation of t-shirts at a bin in my neighborhood, 4 in all. I kept them for a while as they had been given to me, such as by my employer, but I need a better reason to keep something, such as I'm getting enough use out of them. Also ripped up some ratty shirts. Probably will do more of the same after doing laundry in the morning, as I will be able to see all of the shirts I have. I grouped them by category, like company shirts. I think I finally just got tired of looking at everything, and this meant some action as I won't feel right until doing something about it.
    When dealing with the pictures, it meant consolidating them into a bigger box than they were in previously. I found some because of this. I seemed to be finding a few wherever I looked, such as one of me with a friend at his wedding a few years back. It was a fond memory, and I posted it in my 'ring of honor' as it was already framed, he sent it that way. Some were from a while ago, such as when I was at the Barnum and Bailey circus while living in suburban Chicago. Also found were plenty of postcards from my travels, I often get them into photo albums much like the pictures.
    Went to the state high school hockey tournament, the small school final, which began at noon today. Hermantown led early 3-0 but couldn't hold on, lost to St. Thomas Academy 5-4 in overtime. After it I went to a liquidation sale for a Borders location, got 2 books, one of them about Lincoln. Then on to using a Dairy Queen coupon for a 2-for-1 Blizzard deal. Also picked up a video from Blockbuster, about Leonard Cohen, called 'I'm Your Man'. Didn't watch it tonight, will need to watch it soon like in the morning or afternoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment