Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shakespeare Play at Guthrie

I had the day off from work today to attend a mentoring event, a Shakespeare play at the Guthrie in Minneapolis, 'Winter's Tale'. I am an 'orphan mentor' since I haven't had a student to email for a while. It was a fine play, helped it was modernized, such as the costumes looking like the 1970s with one actor wearing bell-bottom jeans. I had 2 sandwiches for lunch there, one of them peanut butter and jelly, haven't had one in a while.
    I did a few things after the play, such as getting 2 books at a Borders liquidation sale, one of them a Charlie Brown and Snoopy book. Also got 2 CDs at Cheapo, did better this time on finding Charlie Brown music than before, found out some Vince Guaraldi music related to the cartoon is better than others. This one had a 60th anniversary sticker on it, seemed like a better bet and I was right. The other one was a Leonard Cohen greatest hits CD, inspired by seeing the DVD which I just sent back to Blockbuster.
    Picked up some pants at JC Penney, with some gift cards I received recently. Needed a replacement, and kept delaying it but didn't want to much longer. Then on to the comedy club, offered stage time as part of a friend's game show skit. Liked having the stage time, had done it before and it's a good bit.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment