Monday, March 14, 2011

Leonard Cohen DVD

Liked seeing a DVD about Leonard Cohen tonight, wanted to get it watched soon, since it has to go back to the video store. Also did laundry, which meant I didn't go to the comedy club tonight. I've heard some of Cohen's music, but may be more familiar with when others cover it like 'Hallelujah', it's on a CD I have, the soundtrack to the movie 'Shrek'. Rufus Wainwright, who performs it on the CD, is in this DVD along with his sister, Martha. It may have been the first time I had heard of some of Cohen's songs, though the DVD's title, 'I'm Your Man', I had heard of before.
   Called another college roommate tonight, wanted to tell him more about who I was dating. He said he was donating to the relief efforts in Japan after the earthquake. Would like to see him some where he now lives, on the eastern seaboard, unsure when it's possible.
    Besides doing laundry tonight, I decided to get more shirts ready to be donated, since I still have too many. Wanted to wait until laundry was done to know best what I had. More company shirts will be sent to the donation bin, downsizing from 10 to 6. They seem to give them out almost at the drop of a hat, whenever there's a new client or something else new at the office. Now it means sending them right away before changing my mind, same as what I send to Goodwill.
    I have Tuesday off from work for a mentoring event, as usual it was easier at work today once payoff reports were submitted in full in the early afternoon. But since I wanted to get my car right away, before closing time at 6pm, I couldn't afford to stay long after my normal leave time. Thankfully the car just needed a tune up, spark plugs and wires. I put my car in the shop before going to work in the morning, made it easier when they have it for the entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment