Saturday, March 5, 2011

Snowshoes and Bowling Shoes

I stayed busy today, and the footwear proved it. I did a snowshoe hiking outing at a wildlife refuge, had a hard time finding it at first. Found out later on I didn't write down the address completely, it was missing a digit. I did think of Emerson Hough while there, had the E.H. sweatpants on under my jeans and the travel mug was there as well. Since I knew he walked on snowshoes at Yellowstone as an advocate for protecting the buffalo there. Went fine, since I was going slower than on skis. I did speak of the one outing when trying to ski in high school, didn't go well. But I prefer avoiding being scarred for life on things if I can.
    Sent a donation to Goodwill after this, it had been ready for a few days. It was no problem choosing what to send when I wasn't using any of it. Some of those items weren't used at all, since I just needed one of some things and had two like binoculars. On to the library where I checked the directions for the bowling outing, and found out when checking email how there was an attempt to deliver the college basketball tournament tickets I had ordered. So it meant going over to the Fedex facility before 5pm, right after the bowling outing. Bowled 2 games, 105 and 107. Had plenty of pizza there. Made it to pick up the package just about 10 minutes before closing, but I made it.
   I was left tired from the schedule I kept, went home and de-friended 5 people on Facebook as I didn't recognize the names. I may be down under 200 again but it should correctly reflect who my 'friends' are if at all possible. Then I fell asleep after laying down in my easy chair, needed to get to the comedy show in a rush. It was on a boat at Harriet Island in St. Paul on the river. I was late but the show started late. Some of my friends were performing, I heard about the show due to a Facebook invite. They kept thanking me for showng up, I hear this often and now believe it more than I did- how they truly mean it. Spoke with the headliner after the show, who did a magic act during his set. It was nice to speak at length, hadn't done it much before. I like getting to know people offstage, as the persona can be different from what people see onstage. This is likely true of me as well, and of anyone who performs. It did lead to some more joke ideas, since I was telling stories about my life experiences and it came across as funny to them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment