Thursday, March 24, 2011

rabid poodles

a colleague spoke of rabid poodles today, and the joke grew on me. something about how who takes our carts should be attacked by rabid poodles, since it would be doubly shameful to have to explain why they looked like a wreck. when we have this special project going on the carts can be hard to find, moving out sold account documents. now do i find a way to use it in my act?
   i went to a retirement party tonight, and one attendee said that i made some people laugh there. they said i should try stand-up comedy. told them i've already been doing that. i do have a show coming up this weekend, opening for one of my good friends. it's likely my biggest show to date. this partygoer told me some of my sound bites would be good jokes, which may be true but I still have to think of the crowd as well, such as if my date would like the joke as well. i like how she has green-lighted doing jokes about the relationship, but i know well enough not to abuse this privilege either. may want her to tell me which ones she's fine with. i'm getting flattered about being noticed for my comedy abilities, since one comedian friend said 'we had her at me' in reference to the movie 'jerry maguire' where renee zellweger said 'you had me at hello'. but it's nice to be recognized for your talents, wasn't used to it for a while but i know i will need to get used to it more often now. i've gotten way better at compliments after shows, saying 'thank you' instead of everything except those words.
   odd how the postage-due envelope was still in my mailbox when i picked up my mail today, so i guess this means having to drop it in the box next to the nearest post office as i'm not sure how else it may get picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment