Saturday, May 28, 2011

Shoe Shopping

I had hoped to go to Como Zoo in St. Paul today with my date, but it was crowded and couldn't find a parking spot. So we decided to postpone, also since it looked like it was going to rain, and it did shortly after we made alternate plans. First was to get to Rosedale Mall in Roseville for shoe shopping. My dress shoes were due for replacement, and a gift card had just arrived earlier in the week. The card was nice, it meant the shoes were half price.
   After the mall, we went to find more Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. Many of them I knew about were in downtown St. Paul. The total is now up to 34, as 16 more were found. I liked finding something I was looking for, it was a covered wagon, apparently moved downtown. When I had seen it before, it had reminded me of Emerson Hough, since he had written a book called 'Covered Wagon'.
    The evening ended with us having dinner and seeing a DVD, 'While You Were Sleeping' starring Sandra Bullock. I liked it since it had a Chicago setting, and I had lived in the northwest suburbs for a while. I also like trains, and commuter trains figured into the storyline.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment