Friday, May 27, 2011

First Avenue Show

Saw my first-ever concert at First Avenue in Minneapolis tonight, Jimmy Eat World. They played their popular song 'The Middle' during the encores. I went crazy, vigorously dancing and gyrating, during it. Tired, just went through 2 days worth of email, didn't get much sleep last night after the comedy show.
   Saw a comedian friend between acts, it was nice talking to him there. I did my best to walk around at the venue before the show, paying attention to all that was there. The amenities looked good, tile walls and metal toilets. There were 2 painted stars on the walls of this venue, dedicated to Prince and to Joe Cocker. I knew it was a favorite place for for the former to play, and I had read how Prince's movie 'Purple Rain' was filmed there in the 1980s. The latter star may have been the first show there, not sure. But it was dated 1970, and the venue opened that year.
    I did get a souvenir there, a pack of three buttons for $5. Since they kept my ticket at the front door I definitely wanted another souvenir.  The original confirmation of the ticket order may do in terms of having a ticket as a souvenir. Saw a vending machine there, the prices were expensive, reminding me of the airport. Liked seeing plenty of TV monitors there, in case you couldn't see the stage well. Before the show it was showing 'Beavis and Butthead'. It was likely the movie instead of any episode of the TV series since there was some racy things in it, even for them.
   One memorable thing was seeing two young men there wanting to keep me company apparently, I wanted to sit down since I was tired and this was in an area where you couldn't see the stage well. I was bobbing my head to the beat of the music, and they spoke of how they saw me 'riffing' I think. I don't see it as a big deal to go to an event by myself.
   After the show I liked getting some free stuff, not just flyers for upcoming shows but also bottles of Minute Maid juice, it was pomegranate blueberry. I drank it down real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment