Monday, May 30, 2011

Como Zoo

Made it to Como Zoo in St. Paul today, we did find parking though it was still hard to do for a while. Liked seeing 2 different seal shows there, and got another smashed penny souvenir there. We waited a little to head out since there was some storm warnings in the area, but those passed quickly. We had heard some sirens in the area and decided to turn on the TV to find out more. Watched some of the game show 'Price is Right', something I don't see often since I am usually at work. After being at the zoo we watched 'Jeopardy', and didn't know the final answer, which was 'Twilight Zone' about the name of a part of the ocean. It's nice what can be learned from this game show.
   The final thing we did at the zoo was go on the carousel, liked seeing the history of it being displayed there about how it had been moved from the state fairgrounds a mile away in the name of preservation.
    I finished my errand running, when I got back home I put away the dishes, as well as the laundry. I got around to grocery shopping as well, at  a Rainbow Foods.
   Naturally a big part of the news today was Memorial Day observances, it's nice that it's more than just honoring veterans who have died but also those who are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment