Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson

      I went to see a play tonight in Minneapolis, it was 'Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson'. It was a good mix of music, comedy, and history. I already left a comment on Facebook saying to the sub teacher how it made me think of him since he is one of the few I can discuss history with- aside from those I studied it with at the U. of Iowa. What I think I liked most about it was when they made fun of politicians. Some were presidents, like JQ Adams and Martin Van Buren. Others were not, like Henry Clay and John Calhoun. It was announced at the end how it was not meant to be historically accurate. But I was fine with this as I liked the satire in it. I liked how it was made relevant to the present time, like one sign held up when he was running for governor said 'Our governor can beat up yours'. This of course was in reference to Jesse Ventura being governor of Minnesota, since he was a pro wrestler at one point.
   The International Falls native posted something on Facebook about this blog, and there was a companion video from the Steve Martin movie 'The Jerk'. It was about how comedians are excited when written about here. I trust there aren't any people armed with weapons like at the end of the clip- after the Steve Martin character sees his name in the phone book.
    I was busy today at work and found out somebody finished some letters before I did, and they didn't tell me in advance that he would be working on them. I sent a message saying thank you. I also sent one to my boss saying I spent over an hour working on those letters and hated having to throw out 12 of them, out of 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment