Friday, June 20, 2014

Soaked In Omaha At CWS

     I went to see the College World Series in Omaha today, Virginia vs. Ole Miss. It is the evening game, two games were scheduled today. It was my first visit there since 2010, so it is the first time at the current venue, known as TD Ameritrade Park. I will have to see how bad the construction delays and flooding are along the way. It sounded like the flooding was bad in some parts of Minnesota this week. I didn't see much in terms of construction delays and flooding.
   I saw part of the game and it was put in weather delay in the top of 2nd inning, it was a scoreless tie. It was postponed and I got soaked after stepping off the shuttle bus when I went to my car. And I got soaked again getting out of my car to go inside to my hotel. I did like having the shuttle bus available, round trip was six dollars. The bus let you off across the street from the stadium. I was unsure how the logistics would work since I had just seen it at the previous venue, which was known as Rosenblatt Stadium. I looked around quite a bit before going inside, and got two souvenirs. One was a game program, the other was a postcard with the logos of the 8 teams that made the Series. There was a fan zone where I got food and drink, expecting it would be way cheaper than inside. I got a hot dog and some bottled water. I had a flash seat and my ticket was printed at the gate. I had a seat that was in the outfield area, down the right field foul line, so I could see straight on at the plate. One of my photos was of the catcher in the bullpen before the game. I did my best to stay busy during the weather delay, I mostly walked around in the concourse. I also bought some popcorn. We didn't see threatening weather at first, but were told it was put in delay as there was lightning in the area. But eventually it just poured and there was big puddles on the field. When the postponement was announced, it was said the game would be made up Saturday afternoon. It is not likely that I will stay around to see the game as it doesn't fit my schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment