Monday, June 30, 2014

Pigeon Missiles

      At the comedy club tonight, the Tetris comic did a joke about pigeon missiles being used in World War Two apparently. He also did one about being threatened. The 'Extra murder' comic did one about being at the food truck fair, as well as ones about a new apartment and going to a strip club. The show closer was the bathtub comic. He did one about flooding at Valleyfair, the theme park in Shakopee. Another was about seeing a classmate in the bookshop he works in. After the show a woman asked him why all of the comics were men, and I had the list with me. I said the last ten comics were men, but there were some women earlier. I found out she would like to try doing comedy. We spoke for a while and I did share what works for me. I offer my advice to new comics if they want it.
    The rapper comic spoke of once being in car sales, the test drives, and former dealer Denny Hecker. Mr. Pibb did one about his lady's IUD poking him, and how he would fidget as a kid. IED/IUD did ones about Wall Drug, Walgreen, and a Liam Neeson movie. Netflix did one about how she talks too much, and understanding Jane Goodall because of her living arrangement. The Yemen native did ones about learning English, teaching Arabic, and working at a gas station. The school bouncer did ones about somebody asking if they look suspicious, a 100-year-old woman at his show, and the movie 'Blind Side'. The 'Resistable' comic did ones about her red air at Target, a hipster roommate, and her dad's cancer. Pottery Barn did one about being engaged to his lady. Bus fare did ones about a State Fair horse show, and muscle relaxers. The Wisconsin comic did ones about an orgy, at a county fair if I'm not mistaken, and yoga for his favorite football team. The Louisiana native did one about cooking a Jack's pizza on a grill. The Maryland native did ones about O'Doul's, hockey, and a date with a 'Trannie'. Postage stamp, though he didn't do the joke tonight, did one about a gay pro football player. The fever comic did one about deer suicide. 
    My car was in the shop today, two new tires were put on. I picked it up after work in the early evening. I do my best to listen to mechanics to prevent as many issues as possible. A medical office employee once said to me 'Know your body'. I find out this applies to cars too- 'Know your car'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment