Sunday, June 8, 2014

L.A. Confidential Movie

     I watched a movie on loan from the library this afternoon. It was L.A. Confidential. A fellow comic said it was his favorite. Mine is 'Good Will Hunting', at theaters around the same time, early 1998. This one was all right, good cast, but not a big fan of crime dramas. The story was fairly simple to follow, about corruption on the police force. And there was the millionaire who ran a call girl ring, women made up to look like actresses. Russell Crowe, Danny DeVito, James Cromwell, and David Strahairn were in it, and I like those actors. I know it was an Oscar winner, much like Good Will Hunting.
   I called a college roommate this morning while doing laundry, not available. I called another one after watching the movie. He lives out east, the one I call Mr. Physics, and said he had just been to the Belmont Stakes this weekend. He had seen another Triple Crown race before, the Kentucky Derby, when he was based in Memphis and traveled a lot for work. He didn't speak well of Belmont, saying they were ill-prepared for the crowds, not having enough food and drink for all. He spoke of changing jobs soon. No surprise how the two options mentioned were Japan and Chicagoland. He has family in Chicagoland, and loves Japanese culture, explaining why he was there twice before.
   There was a problem with the Anti-Virus protection, so I called the number in the disc case, was sent to Geek Squad by Best Buy. It took a little while to take care of it entirely, but I liked how the technicians were more than competent. It meant I had plenty of time while the second one was installing to take care of things around my home. I shared a story with the first about doing call-center work. It was when a caller wanted somebody to talk to, in addition to his need for customer service. I said I was a typical citizen, but we probably don't like the same sports teams when we live in different parts of the country. This one told me one caller wanted to talk about his divorce, and no I wouldn't have wanted to hear about it either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment