Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Shooting Squirrels

   At the comedy club tonight, the show closer was the one I saw perform at the Wits show less than a week ago. She did do the Wisconsin cabin bit, but I also liked a newer joke about her sister shooting squirrels to save her flowers. The Texas native and barber left shortly after he performed, but I let him know he helped me with one joke I could do. This was my first joke when I performed, how Sportclips has cable TV. I also did ones about my dental appointment after work, my dad's take on lead in paint, seeing my ex again, and a recent Internet date.
   The school bouncer did one about black Jesus. Texas barber did one about candy crush, and why he doesn't have cable. Pottery barn did one about being engaged, like starting a battle. There was also last supper, elephant teeth, and flying a kite. University accountant did ones about an Audi, Pringles, liquor laws, and Coca Cola hilltop singers. The godmother did one about a bucket list, binge eating, 2 soccer teams, yoga at church, and JV landscape. Laundry comic did one about a TV/VCR combo, then bakery prison hooker. A comic I haven't written about yet, who had been introduced as a second favorite son, did one about Terminator 2. The bartender did one about guns and drugs, and growing up in rural Wisconsin. Others were about being one of the girls, and taco cat. A comic I haven't written about yet, but I think has done a bit about locks of love, did one about self-driving cars. There was also something about poison ivy at camp, done by the comic who likes his Black Flag and Twins hats. From what I can tell from sketchy notes. It can be hard to read when written in a dark room.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment