Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tie Dye Coat

      I went to the pancake breakfast this morning at Fury Motors in South St. Paul, as part of Kaposia Days. It was nice to see a 1914 Dodge car in the back of the showroom. This was a shorter visit compared to the previous day. Then I found two more historical markers before I left town.
  I needed to do laundry and I went to the one in Maplewood where I have gotten to know the owner, who calls me 'Iowa'. I wanted to check on how it was going with the coat, and it was shown to me. She said it was soaked in order to clean it and said the colors 'Flinched'- it looked like they bled into other parts of the coat. So I said it looked like tie dye. Hopefully it will be available soon, but some mending is still needed. I sent it there weeks ago, but haven't needed it since it is out of season.
   I did another guest set at the comedy club tonight, and I did more jokes about internet dating this time. I had wanted to do more of these jokes this time, so it meant getting to them earlier. And I knew I had when the jokes I did early one weren't getting many laughs. I liked discussing comedy after the show with the headliner, I noticed he did say 'As long as you enjoy it' more than once. I know this is an important part of doing comedy. I know this was comparable to advice I gave to a new comic after he saw me perform. I said 'Have fun up there, because if you don't enjoy it then why do it?' when asked what would be the number one piece of advice I could give.  

No comments:

Post a Comment