Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Good Does It Feel, Empires

     I fell asleep after I got home from the comedy club but I liked seeing what was on TV when I woke up. It was David Letterman, and they were nearing the end of the show so it was the musical guest. He said it was a Chicago band if I'm not mistaken, the song was 'How good does it feel' by Empires. I found the song on Youtube, and I liked how it told the story further. It mainly depicts a motorcycle rider, and eventually you see more motorcycles. I loved the drumming in it, but those who know me best wouldn't be surprised to hear this.
   I was pleased how I got another shout-out about the blog, it was from the conga-line comic in a Facebook comment thread. Another comic asked who had a blog, I think it is the one I call the restaurant host. I also liked hearing how the boss man from one club reads regularly. I still wonder if the boss man performs comedy, as I haven't seen him perform yet. I know I mainly write about who is telling jokes, but he has been an exception.
   When I made it to the comedy club tonight, I asked the Tetris comic if he was on tonight. And it sounded like it was in doubt as to if there would be a show due to low turnout. There wasn't. But I liked getting a poster that was being handed out by a server, it was of the artwork by the stage depicting a cartoonish version of the downtowns of both Twin Cities. I found the International Falls native, Hillary Clinton look-alike, and the bus fare comic in the VIP section. This is where I was when I was given the poster. When we all had to move to the bar area I was able to get a photo with the International Falls native that will be added to my ring of honor. I was wearing the patriotic shirt, which of course gets comments every time. She had the over-sized check from winning the contest last week, and it made me think of a Simpsons episode. I think Principal Skinner said he wanted to cash it at a local bar in that one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment