Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Disarm, Smashing Pumpkins

    As I was getting home from the comedy club tonight, I heard on my car radio the song 'Disarm' by Smashing Pumpkins. The songs by this band still do resonate with me, especially in this one with the line 'Killer in me is the killer in you'. As I was leaving the club and starting the drive home, it was 'Come undone' by Duran Duran. That one is all right, but I liked 'View to a Kill' more.
    This was a good show to see as it was the finals of the contest, and I knew four of the six finalists. This included Long Straw, Soap Opera, a comic I will call ice cream, and the rapper. Mason City was MC and International Falls was show closer as she won it last year.
    International Falls did ones about casual sex, street harasser, and a mom's day poem. Ice cream scoop did ones about looks like a basketball player, Harvard sweatshirt, Denny's and Perkins, pimp fashion, why they get ice cream, Ray Romano, TCBY, and Adam's apple. Long straw did ones about Tom Hanks, Coors Light, Forrest Gump, he is from Beloit, pyramid scheme, Scan Tron, Casey's stores, Sudafed bullets and moonshine, a Deliverance movie reference, foot fetish, catalog, Big Bird, a childhood insult, too many feelings, and a Little John song. Mason City made a Smash Mouth reference. Rapper did ones about fireworks, grand finale, 3 year old son, refried beans, Chipotle, Vikings stadium, chicken sandwiches, had to call her a ho, call dibs, and Donner Party recipe. Soap opera did ones about loves his mom, ex-therapists, watch One Life to Live, called by Dad's name, want a parade?, play flute, Lord of the Rings, and a fat Jedi.
    After getting home I still had plenty to do, like get my ballot in for an election with the AHA, American Historical Association. I did vote for a candidate that is an instructor at the U. of Iowa, my school. It also meant asking for flight preferences I will need for being at a writers convention later this summer. After answering surveys from E-Rewards, I noticed I hadn't redeemed survey money in a while, just over two months ago. So I requested miles for the American Airlines account. I found out they also have Southwest Airlines and I now have their frequent flyer account as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment