Saturday, July 25, 2015

Inside Out Movie

    Tonight I went to see the movie 'Inside Out' at the Highland Park theater in St. Paul. I liked what I read about it, as it was a coming of age animated (actually Pixar) story from Disney about a little girl who is adjusting to a move from Minnesota to San Francisco. It was a roller coaster of emotions as it dealt with different moods. At times it was sad, but I laughed real hard at times as well. I liked Lewis Black as the voice of Anger, as he is one of my comedy influences. The voice of the sadness emotion was also good. At first I had wondered if I had walked into the wrong movie as it started off with a scene where two volcanoes sang to each other. This movie was well written, smart, a good 'message movie'. It is worth seeing.
   I am also thankful in more ways than one about going to the nearby Target Express store after the movie. I picked up a Charlie Brown and Snoopy window cling and spoke with an employee, who told me there are also Charlie Brown flash drives. I said I had one but hadn't used it yet, hadn't taken the time to figure it out. I felt like an idiot using this 'not I.T. savvy' excuse again so I went home and figured it out! I got a Pan-Am Games photo on it, and uploaded it to Facebook and Twitter. Then the seven headshots from October were added to the flash drive from the Facebook page, along with the photo from the North Star Ball in January. This was when I got to meet the governor, Mark Dayton. Next is hopefully getting the camera phone pictures moved to a place where they can be uploaded to Facebook, printed, or both.
   I also went to a postcard show in the afternoon in Eagan and bought 5 more Chicago World's Fair postcards. Before then I made some nice finds at a flea market in the parking lot of a grocery store, two of them were Charlie Brown items. One a small license plate from Camp Snoopy when it was at the Mall of America. The third item was a hockey trading card.     

No comments:

Post a Comment