Thursday, July 9, 2015

Great Waters Brewing Company

    I went to a 'stir' or 'mixer' event tonight, it was at Great Waters Brewing Company in downtown St. Paul. This is inside the Hamm's beer Building, I had been to other businesses there before like Park Square Theater but not this restaurant and micro brew. I liked being able to move around a little and talk to four others, I started shortly after getting my beer and some bread pudding. The first attendee I met didn't say much, and spoke of being in nursing school in Mankato. That is a long drive for an event like this. It seemed easier to speak to the other three, especially after I got started on what are my strengths- doing comedy. It also helped to cover fairly universal topics like favorite movies. On our nametag we were asked to write down a place where we want to visit before the end of summer, I said Walnut Grove. A little surprised how some are not familiar with it. I had to say it was made famous by the 'Little House' books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and then the TV show.
   Upon a check of the postal mail, most was junk but I liked seeing something from the History Theater, a place where I see one play a season. There was mention of a play covering the history of First Avenue, a music venue in Minneapolis where I have seen two shows. But it is at the end of next season, so not until April and May of next year.  I did watch a 'Big Bang Theory' rerun before I ventured out tonight, it was the one about Sheldon and Leonard weaving a tangled web of lies to avoid seeing a play Penny was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment