Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Duff Movie

   I watched another Redbox rental around midday, 'The Duff'. I liked a preview I had seen for it. The term is an acronym for 'Designated ugly fat friend'. I already did a Twitter posting about it saying I probably was a 'Duff', as I was equipment manager on the football team. It was an intelligent message movie. I liked seeing a clip from 'The Simpsons' in it, which explained her mom doing seminars. It was also funny to see her mom trying to drink wine while operating a riding lawn mower. It did remind me of some earlier high school movies I had seen, mostly 'She's all that'. The ending seemed to be a little too close to this earlier movie. Another was 'Romy and Michele'. Though 'Romy' was more about a class reunion, and told the high school experience through flashback. It was also funny
to hear the talk about all of the social media sites people use. There weren't many well-known actors in it, all I knew was Alison Janney, who played her mom. The scenes at the mall were also funny, when Bianca was there to try on outfits and get pointers on having a successful date.
   I also went to a comedy show in the evening, there was a prom theme and it was crowded inside the venue. I did show up wearing a dress shirt and the elephant tie given by my former boss and mentor. The lone female member of the turkeys was there, back from Los Angeles for a few days. There was a crowning of a king and queen as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment