Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stuckey's Pecan Log Roll

    I like trying discount table items, and in this weekly grocery store order I bought a Stuckey's pecan log roll. The taste if it does remind me of the Pearson's salted nut roll. It was just one dollar and came in its own box. One of the reasons for choosing it was the memory of family vacations when I was young. I recall riding from Iowa to Missouri and often seeing signs for Stuckey's. I understood it to be a restaurant, but according to Wikipedia their locations may have even more services than this.
   At the comedy club tonight, I did more of 'my story through music'. Some of it was about attending my cousin's wedding, but also about seeing the band Nirvana still popular. I am still seeing Nirvana shirts and there was a feature on MTV that spoke of another album being released, of a 1991 concert. During a break in the show another performer said he liked the Nirvana bit as it was relatable.
   Also at the venue tonight, the show runner did ones about a Midwest girl, I'm a fighter, I got hopes and dreams, most beautiful thing about me, keep going to the river to pray, last love song I will ever write for you, and no more picket fences. After I performed the show runner did ones about a little unsteady, if you love me let go, and I was noticing what was on the TV monitor in the background. It went through facts about Pink the singer. I also heard 'because I am TNT, dynamite' by AC/DC. Then there was never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma. what does it matter? A rapper did ones about mistake, neglect, and allow creation to inundate. A guitar player did ones about it must be love, I don't pretend, sunshine when you're with me, music is the reason why people laugh and cry, and walking in Central Park, singing in the dark.
    Others I heard were use me until you use me up, ain't no sunshine when she's gone, Mustang Sally, stop my Monday, Tuesday's just as bad, and give me one reason (I know this is a Tracy Chapman song). The performer I spoke with at the break did ones about don't live with regret, got me coming back for more, and last night a great night to last for all time. A guitar player spoke of being deported from Thailand, and did ones about dreams will tell you why, why did you kill the buffalo, and trap the beaver?
    The boss is out of the office already for the holiday. For the Wii walk this afternoon, we went to the Saints stadium, just a few blocks away.     

No comments:

Post a Comment