Friday, July 31, 2015

Festival Shuttle Bus

    I am doing two festivals this weekend. It started right after work tonight. I drove to Little Canada and attended Canadian Days. There was the corn on the cob feed tonight, and it was free with the
festival button. After I was done with the ear of corn I also had a chili cheese dog, a slice of sausage pizza, and some maple nut ice cream. This year they had a shuttle bus from where I parked at, though I don't know if it saved any time at all when it made stops before getting to the park where it is held. I am a brisk walker.
   I knew I couldn't afford to stay for long when there was another festival to attend, Fringe, over in Minneapolis. I started making my way back to my car just after 6:15pm to get to a 7pm show, and no latecomers are seated. I made it to the venue, after finding parking, with about 5 minutes to spare. It was the play that Whopper was doing, about writings by God and surfing. I laughed a lot, plenty of Bible jokes in it. The best joke was about not praying about sports. I bought a four-show pass so I expect this to be the first show of at least four for me. I did pick up some cards after the show, but I couldn't stay there for long as they needed to start seating for the next show. I know they are on a tight schedule, shows are one hour long and the break between shows is 30 minutes. Many of the cast members tonight were familiar from the 'George' play I saw earlier this month in St. Paul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment